Thursday, May 04, 2006

"Irregular" is an understatement...



I got this blog way back when, but left it alone until my wife started blogging, as well as seeing a friend's blog. Kinda makes me want to pick this up again, in a monkey-see-monkey-do way... (BTW, I apologize for the obnoxiously huge photo).

The question becomes... do I bore you with all sorts of autobiographical details? It all comes back to you, my captive audience. I'll be more than happy to shoot my yap about who I am, where I've been, why I'm me, etc. But if that's beyond self-indulgent, I can modulate it back a bit, sil vous plait...

A few ground rules: due to a mild personal paranoia on my part, I'm gonna try to keep this as anonymous as possible. Meaning, I'm alternately gonna refer to myself as DJMurphy, Jack Murphy, or hey you. My son is gonna be Little Dude Murph, or LittleDude. I haven't arrived at a pseudonym for my beloved wife yet.

Oh yeah, I'm a sap...

Highlight of today: I actually spent some of my time today while at work sitting on Navy Pier, enjoying the sun and the Lake. And my company knew about it. And they were cool with it. Stunning... I wish I could send some of that paid leisure time to my wife; her company's killing her. I wouldn't be able to put up with that kinda stress; I'd be vomiting every day before work. I've worked for jobs like that; I don't deal well with that kinda stress.

Music recommendation of the day*: The Loud Family, Plants and Birds and Rocks and Things
This album is a straight out classic. Scott Miller was in Game Theory, and helmed this group. This disc was the debut from the Louds, and picks up where the GT masterpiece Lolita Nation left off. Excellent power pop interleaves with adventurous sounds and intelligent whimsy. This album ties on a daily basis for best-album-of-the-universe with Big Star's #1 Record/Radio City (OK, two albums, but they're on one CD, therefore one album these days as far as I'm concerned).

*I need to find a snappier title for this... any thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home