he following cuts are quintessential examples of my favorite subgenre of rock 'n roll, Power Pop:
- Big Star, "Back Of A Car"
- Game Theory, "24"
- Matthew Sweet, "I've Been Waiting"
- Todd Rundgren, "Couldn't I Just Tell You"
- The Who, "Pictures Of Lily"
- The Beatles, "Paperback Writer"
- Love Nut, "Casualty"
- The Safes, "Eternity"
- Material Issue, "One Simple Word"
- XTC, "Earn Enough For Us"
Now granted, this is by no means a complete list. And ask me again tomorrow, I'd probably swap out a few. But if you've heard even a few of these classics, you might have a fair idea what people mean when they talk about power pop.