Monday, June 14, 2010

It's Been Awhile...


I know I haven't blogged since St. Alex shuffled off this mortal coil; a lot of changes have occurred in my life (all of 'em good to neutral). The biggest one is that I am a stay-at-home-Dad. Circumstances triangulated in such a fashion that it made sense that a) we could do fine on my wife's earnings, and b) the ever-worsening Eisenhower expressway traffic condition, that this decision (which has been percolating for a while now) was made sooner than later. I don't regret it at all. I will admit that it comes with its own learning curve. My goal is to always a) make sure that the kids are taken care of, and b) that the house is kept in wonderful shape, in that priority order. Item A is a no-brainer; it's item B that is the "learning curve".

So often, I want to write these epic, long-form reviews of classic albums (I know a bit of you still revisit my Loud Family review, including some former members of the band itself!). But equally as often, I don't find myself with the amount of time that said record reviews call for. They will be back. Until then, I'm gonna post my impressions of raising your kids right: with an appreciation for the finer music. My kids regularly demand I play "Happy Jack"
and "Surrender" instead of the Wiggles and the Doodlebops; I see this as a positive trend.

More I promise; stay tuned...

NP: Joe Jackson, Rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home