Monday, November 16, 2009

Coming Soon...

I sometimes feel that by blogging everyday with quick-hit "here is my post" entries, I dilute the quality. It is true that by blogging every day, you the reader get a sometimes rather mundane entry. Perhaps it would do better to tell you some of the posts I wish to do once I have a respectable amount of time to do the subject in question justice. To that end, here is a quick list of upcoming (I'm just not sure when they'll come up) posts:
  • A movie review of the Rolling Stones' infamous movie, the banned one
  • A movie review of Tom Waits' lost classic, Big Time
  • A full rave review of one of my favorite albums of all time, Verbow's White Out
  • A quick photo essay of some of the cooler items in my music collection
  • More album reviews of classics you should know about
I write about older albums for a few reasons: I don't always purchase a lot of new CDs. I think that a lot of people out there might not know just how classic something like Verbow's White Out is, and I want to educate you to it. And finally, I think I have something worthwhile to say about these albums, that just might make you think twice and consider finding and buying an album. Besides, I like to write, and with anything, you gotta use it or lose it.

On the personal front...

Today was my first day back at work after my son's surgery. It wasn't the worst in the world to get back into the swing of things: I had to set up a workstation (under less-than-ideal data recovery conditions) or the owner of a marketing agency whose laptop had been stolen. I had to get a software quote for another client. And I started running a common free software inventory program for a law firm client of ours. Same ol' same ol', I guess. The highlight of the evening (aside from spending time with my family, of course) was when I picked up my daughter from the daycare that she and my son go to, two of the little girls who attend with my son asked in all seriousness how my son was doing. These 5-year-old girls really really care about how my son is doing, and even wrote him some get-well-soon cards. That's the sweetest thing, that my son has so many people that he comes in contact with concerned about his well-being. He must be doing something right; it's cool to see that some of the rest of the world agrees with me that he's a great kid. He is coming along well; it appears that possibly the way he is expressing that he's in pain is by becoming restless and rambunctious. Or maybe the restlessness/rambunctiousness is just another manifestation that he's a 5-year-old, and even 5-year-olds with hip issues feel the need to jump around, or at least try to. Little Dude, ya gotta lay off the jumping; it's not good for your hip. There will be more than enough time to jump around once this hip brace is off.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jake said...

Just catching up on your posts. Glad to hear the little guy is doing okay. Scary stuff! Sounds like you guys are all handling it pretty well. You'll be in my thoughts.

November 20, 2009 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home